2. A $300.00 non-refundable deposit is required to hold a puppy and the balance is due upon pickup or delivery. (Puppies are sold in the order of the deposits received).
3. All of my breeding dogs are registered with the American Kennel Club (AKC) and the United Kennel Club (UKC).
First, I am meticulous with regard to all details in the raising of my puppies.
Second, the health and well being of the animals entrusted to my care is paramount!
Your new puppy has no known diseases or illnesses.
Your new puppy has no known congenital or hereditary conditions that will adversely affect the health of him or her now or in the future.
1. All vaccinations will be current and fully documented.
2. To insure proper nutrition the highest levels of nourishment are diligently maintained
3. All puppies and adults alike are maintained in excellent health thanks to my conscientiousness and the medical expertise of my Veterinarian.
Third, I will never knowingly misrepresent the genetic history, bloodline, pedigree, or physical condition of any animal I am providing to another person.
In summary each of the above operating principles should provide you with the assurance that the puppy you receive has been properly cared for and was turned over to you in the best possible condition.
Unfortunately, and it is extremely rare, but a puppy after leaving my care and custody might become medically compromised in a variety of ways. These include physical injury, hypoglycemia, neglect, extreme environmental conditions, or exposure to pathogens.
Even the most preeminent breeder could potentially have a puppy that develops and/or displays symptoms of a medical nature. These are conditions well outside the realm of reasonable care or prevention and the potential of this atypical situation has led me to formulate my extensive guarantee process.
To prevent as far as humanly possible any misunderstanding between any puppy purchaser and myself, and to demonstrate my commitment to fairness in business matters my warranty is as follows:
1. With regard to any congenital defect, I guarantee all puppies for one (1) year (from date of birth) to be free of, but not limited to; Severe Patella Luxation (requiring surgical correction), Leg Perthes, Hip Dysplasia, Cataracts, Epilepsy/Seizures, Tracheal Collapse, or heart or liver ailments.
2. Any inherited life threatening medical illness experienced by any puppy is warranted from one (1) to five (5) years of age (from date of birth).
3. Sometimes, after puppies have left our care, certain environmental factors may allow the development of certain parasites, including, but not limited to coccidia and giardiasis. These may surface and become problematic due to the stress of weaning, travel and the introduction to a new home. Each puppy is preventatively treated and vet checked prior to leaving my care. These issues will NOT be covered by West Coast Poodles.
4. Physical injuries occurring outside of my custody are not warranted under any condition.
5. The untimely death of any puppy up to 5 years of age will always require a death certificate, DNA sample as well as a complete autopsy by a competent Veterinary Pathologist prior to any assumption of liability.
6. All toy poodle puppies are susceptible to hypoglycemia. This is especially true for those puppies that may be smaller than a typical toy, thus each and every toy puppy I place is accompanied by extremely explicit instructions relative to the prevention of, and treatment of hypoglycemia. For this reason, I will never accept any liability for any losses of any nature as a result of this condition.
Should any settlement under any of the conditions of my warranty become necessary, I reserve the right to resolve any problem by the following means and with the stipulations listed below:
1. Replace the dog based on the findings of MY veterinarian following a consultation with the client veterinarian and with my regaining possession of the dog.
2. Provide surgical intervention to resolve the medical defect under the following conditions:
a. Any needed surgery would be performed only following a consultation with MY Veterinarian who will determine whether he or an associate would normally perform the procedure, or for that matter, if said procedure is even indicated or appropriate.
b. The new owner will be required to submit full medical records, including laboratory results, pathological reports, imaging results including x-rays, CT or MRI, also a DNA sample may be requested to verify the identity of the dog.
c. Should surgery be required and agreed to by the various consulting veterinarians, I reserve the right to take one of the following actions;
(1) Engage my Veterinarian to perform the surgery with both the buyer and myself sharing equally in all costs, i.e. shipping, housing of dog, and medical procedures.
(2) If it is agreed that the health of the animal might be compromised by travel and the procedure can be performed properly by a mutually acceptable provider near the buyer's home, then I will pay up to half of all medical costs not exceeding the original purchase price of dog. The reimbursement will be for half of all expenses incurred up to what MY veterinarian would charge for the same procedure.*
d. Under no circumstance or condition will I assume any liability for any surgery or medical procedure unless said surgery or medical procedure is performed only after consultation and concurrence with West Coast Poodles.
e. In all cases the limit of liability of West Coast Poodles will never exceed the purchase price of the dog*
3. Any puppy replacement or refund is never determined unilaterally, it can only occur with concurrence between the seller and the buyer.
*(For example, if a dog was purchased for $1500 and an agreed to surgery was $1200, I would pay $600. If the surgery were to be $4000 I would pay the original purchase price of that dog or in other words a maximum of $1500.)
*Please be advised that terms and conditions are subject to change without notice*.
**In Addition to the above terms, we adhere to California State Law regarding the sale of dogs.**.